Thursday, July 1, 2010

California Cotswold Cottage

I was flipping through my Mary Engelbreit's Home Companion magazines (still in morning over the loss) the other night, when I came across one of my all time favorite cottage houses.  Remember Jenny Hembury and her California Cotswold?    I can never forget it.  She and her husband were in love with it and one day he came home and told her that it was for sale and they bought it on the spot.  She says that 20 years later, they love it even more.  Shoot, it's been 6 years since that was published and I love it even more.  This is the thing I keep mentioning," timelessness".  The roof is cedar shingles that had to be soaked in water in order to achieve the curves.  Be still my heart.  Wishing you all a fun and safe 4th of July weekend. 





No comments:

Post a Comment