Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Happy Place.

For the next few days I will have a glue gun attached to my right hand and silver glitter letters stuck to strange places on my clothing as I plow my way through Homecoming Mum season.  If you don't hear back from me by Monday, the authorities should be contacted.  They might find me in a cocoon of ribbons, paw prints, zebra stripes, cow bells, balloon string, glitter stickers and hot glue webs.  For those of you that do not live in Texas or Oklahoma, a homecoming mum is worn at a special homecoming football game.  It is a large fake chrysanthemum with loads of ribbons, trinkets and bells, plus the name of the mum owner and their boyfriend's name as well. The bigger, the better.  Even the boys wear them on their arms. 
 Click here to see some I made years back.
I will go to my happy place in my mind, while I listen to my favorite Pandora stations.  Here is a picture of one of the Happy Places I will visit. 
Enjoy, Heidi
Normandy, France

No comments:

Post a Comment