Thursday, March 18, 2010

Rammed Earth or Straw Bales?

I found these images over at Nest Egg, one of my new favorite blogs. They are from one of her clients (her client has great taste, by the way). You all know that I am a nut for High/Exposed ceilings, but the issue I have been pondering lately is can I build my dream home like this but with rammed earth walls or even straw bale walls? Maybe one of you know a little bit about this. I have searched the net and researched the subject, but it is not as popular around here.
I watched Jamie Durie (love him, thank you Australia) do a job with rammed earth in California and the construction crew didn't have a clue. Come on America, we need to get with the picture and use sustainable resources. I will try my damnedest to make earth friendly living absolutely fabulous. Hope you all have a playful or relaxing or both, weekend. Love, Heidi


All images on this post were found on Nest Egg.

No comments:

Post a Comment