Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Sofa King Awesome!!!


In all my days of searching and wandering through blogs and magazines, there is one sofa that always tugs at my heart strings, the "Tufted Sofa".  Now my friend Janet tells me not to get the ones with the tufts on the seat part because crumbs, lint and everything else finds it's way in those nooks and crannies.   In order to save some cashola I was going to re-upholster our present sofa, but hubby informed me that after he slept on it for about 5 years, it has some issues, that new fabric could not fix.  On further inspection I agreed since it had the impression of a stocky shaped man, about 260 lbs. lying on his side, indented permanently in it.  I took off the cushions and the shape continued into the springs and what ever else is under the fabric.  Now, I know what you all are thinking, my husband must have been in the doghouse for a total of 5 years.  Well, a small percentage of that is true, but more like the combination of having a baby sleeping in your bed and  having sleep apnea.  Needless to say, we are in the market for a new sofa and I have chosen a winner.  Now I need to choose a fabric.  Please chime in and tell me what you think.  I have a husband and a son that pretty much live on it so I am leaning towards leather, but then there is the side of me that wants a pretty linen or velvet one.  Comments Please.  Heidi  

No comments:

Post a Comment