Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I love it when a plan comes together.

Image via Coastal Living. Float in Cottage.
As you can tell I cannot seem to shake this beach house bug, so I am going full force, full blown dream it up until every detail is ironed out. I figure that if we start with building the garage and add a second story to it, only 367 square ft. is all it would need to be. The following is my inspiration for what the garage apartment would look like. This is the Cabot Cove in Kennebunkport, Maine. It consists of 16 Beach cottages that were built in the 50's and renovated in a designer's challenge. 16 designers each had a cottage and a modest budget to work their magic and that they did.



Image via Coastal Living.


Image via Coastal Living. This one is named Float in Cottage.



Image via Coastal Living. This one is named Harbor Cottage.

If 367ft. is not enough for a garage we can add a screened in porch. The washer and dryer and can also be hidden in the garage along with all the fishing and beach stuff that seems to come with a beach house. Hope you enjoyed my brain storm for the first part of my Dream Beach House Plan. Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment