Thursday, January 28, 2010

German Cottage Love.

If you didn't know, I am the descendant of German immigrants that came to Texas 140 years ago. This is why my parents named me Heidi. I have a love for German/Texas cottages and was thrilled to find more in Australia and New Zealand. I did my research and found out that South Australia is the only AU state that was not settled by English convicts but by German and Polish immigrants. Enjoy, Heidi

Image via Australian House and Garden.


Image of The Hart Lodge in New Zealand.


Image via New Zealand House and Garden.

Galveston, Texas House. Looks just like the NZ and AU houses.
Maybe it's because the same people built them, German people.
Heritage Restorations.


Origin of image unknown, but this is an Aussie Cottage for sure and I heart it.

Image via Simon Kenny - Content.

Image via Coutry Living.
I bet this house is in Texas and was built by German immagrants.



Image via New Zealand House and Garden.


No comments:

Post a Comment