Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Willow Nest

Time to take my new camera out for a spin.  I went over to my neighbors, Linda and Ludmil of Willow Nest, to see what they were up to and boy was I in for a treat. Right now they are getting ready for the big antique show coming up at the end of March in Round Top / Warrenton.  They will be set up in the Marburger Farms Tent. Ludmil, a Bulgarian architect, is a master artist-upcycler.  I am amazed everytime I see his newest creation.   This bird aviary has just been finished and inside are the doves he hatched last year, we named them Jill and Jule.


This bird house is so cute, it looks like a little old man with a mustache. 
He gave it a name, but I can't remember now what it was.

This one hangs and is one of my favorites.  It didn't get a name yet. 
Perhaps you readers could help Ludmil name this birdhouse?

                                    This one we named Oscar, since it is made from a small trash can,
                                            just like Oscar the grouch lived in on Sesame Street.

                      This pretty white one is made from an old milk can.  It too did not get a name. 
                                   Come up with the perfect name for this fabulous bird house
                                                     and I will re-post the out come.

This is a to die for shelf he made from a grate that was used in a rock quarry.
So clever, that Ludmil.  He has 3 of these made up.  Perfect for that old world French look.
They are taller than me, perhaps 7 feet tall and around 4 feet wide.

This arbor is what greets you when you first come upon Ludmil's potting shed. 
It was a sight last year covered in morning glories. 

I stepped inside their shop, which is mostly used for storage and also occasional shows and this is what I found.  Hee Hee,  I love the deer with the pretty collar, that is Linda's touch.  She is the glitter, ribbon, paper queen.  She has been up-cycling, painting things white and adding magic to object that were normally tossed for 30 years now.  Way before it was the thing to do. 
What a clever pair and how fortunate Burton is to have them.
On March 6th they will be having a Spring preview party at theire Burton Location from 10:00 to 4:00.
March 11 & 12 they will be in Fort Worth at the Dolly Johnson Show, celebrating Texas's 175 Birthday.
Starting March 29th they will be set up at Marburger Farms in Warrenton, Texas.
Click here for their website and also to contact them for more information about their art and wares.

No comments:

Post a Comment